Looking for your next big challenge? We might be able to help you.
We are looking for a savvy Data Architect to join our iRAM-Service team of analytics experts. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture (IN Datalake), as well as optimizing data flows from the Datalake to the reporting solution and collection of data from various data sources to the Datalake. The ideal candidate is an experienced data architect who enjoys optimizing data systems and apply best practices to generate the highest value of the IT Service data. The Data Architect will support and advice our ETL developers, Report specialists and data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure data delivery through an optimal data design & architecture. The candidate must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple Siemens business partners, systems and services. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our data architecture to support our next generation of services and data initiatives.
What are your future areas of responsibility ?
- Acting as Architect in service team for data reporting & analytics
- Create and maintain optimal data model & architecture.
- Have an overview and optimize the data flows and interfaces (ETL).
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Review existing and Propose/Design the right infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Azure and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executives, Service Owners, Business Partners, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical needs and requirements.
- Balance our data between on premise SQL servers and Cloud solutions in compliance with ISEC (Information Security), Siemens Legal and Export Control & Customs rules.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our iRAM service into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Driving forward the standards for design and publishing the respective guidelines
Does this sound good? Our perfect candidate has…
- Advanced working SQL knowledge (Current Solution based on SQL Server 2016) and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets by
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional global teams in a dynamic environment (Experience with SCRUM Methodology is a plus).
- + years of experience in a Data Engineer/ Architect role,
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another comparable quantitative field.
- Good communication and presentation skills on expert level
- Very good intercultural collaboration skills and experience
- Highly proactive acting
- Ability to motivate change
- Critical thinking
- Customer focused
- Willingness to travel
- Native language plus proficient English skills, preferably also good German skills
- The candidate should also have experience using the following software/tools:
· Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including SQL Server 2016, SAP HANA
· Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Pentaho DI
· Experience with cloud services: AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, Athena), Azure related technologies
· Nice to Have: Experience with stream-processing and real-time capturing systems: SPLUNK
· Nice to Have: Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, R etc.
Curious about our Tech hub?
The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 700 employees with several IT expertise: Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Big-Data and Robotics, User Experience, Project Management and much more, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out: www.siemens.pt/lxtechhub
Our Office Perks
Fresh fruit and coffee, remote work, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering hours, sushi&pizza days, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to foster agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time