Siemens AG is an international leader in electronics and electrical engineering. 360,000 employees worldwide develop and manufacture products, design and set up systems and provide solutions in the areas of industry, energy and healthcare.
Siemens Compliance, the compliance organization of Siemens, advises the business units and operating divisions worldwide in all legal matters related to compliance. Our international team thinks of itself as a partner for Siemens business managers that provides support in matters of observing, developing and implementing compliance-related strategies and regulations for the company. Our Compliance organization aims to occupy a leading position in the field worldwide with the help of first-class employees.
Aim of function
As an Investigator you will be responsible for conducting and following up on domestic and international investigations, which are highly complex and require utmost discretion. This includes the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities (prevent detect, respond)
- Designs investigative approaches and tactics for review by the Senior Investigator.
- Work in case-specific teams of investigators/lawyers to conduct highly complex investigations.
- Perform preparatory work for the investigations by analyzing the problem and studying documents, conducting research and determining the chain of activities (e.g., conducting interviews, surveys, analyses and data backups).
- Carry out investigations based on information received about violations of internal or external compliance-related regulations; investigate business units and concrete transactions; uncover and document compliance-related misconduct by checking and evaluating business processes and projects in terms of their risk, correctness, economic feasibility and quality, as well as by conducting interviews and preparing interim reports.
- Prepare investigation reports for review by the Head of Investigation & Regulatory Asia Australia, and recommend further steps to be taken, including: a comprehensive presentation of the results of the investigation; an analysis of the compliance-related misconduct of employees and outside parties, and of weak points; detailing potential effects in connection with weak points (conformity with legal and internal regulations, security, accuracy, economic feasibility, efficiency and effectiveness); determining financial impacts and risks of any kind and presenting the results to the Head of Investigation & Regulatory Asia Australia.
- Communication skills – including drafting skills in English
- Analytical skills
- Team skills
- Identification with Siemens values
- Very strong investigative and legal knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Interview techniques
- Conflict management
- Fluency in Mandarin because there will be a need to work with Chinese speaking counterparts
- Strong working knowledge of English (written and oral)
- 5+ years of professional experience in the listed duties and responsibilities; Siemens-wide experience as a forensic auditor or in corporate security is an asset; alternatively, experience from a governmental investigative agency or a forensic auditing firm or another international company.
- Membership or accreditation with Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) or similar preferred
- Previous international experience desired.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or similar fields) or another qualification with a comparable skill set or experience level.
- 60% travel required.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time