A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Manager to join our Products & Services team within the Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure, Electrification business in York [Northern Projects].
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signaling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and Germany, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway.
The Rail Electrification business supplies switchgear equipment as well as the SCADA control system alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. This includes the ASG 25 Air insulated Switchgear, which is now designed, manufactured, built & tested in the UK. We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as the Static Var Compensator & Static Frequency Compensator, so this is a phenomenal time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology!
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This is a multifaceted, customer facing role where you will take full responsibility for Modular switchgear supply projects throughout the full project life cycle, working in partnership with the multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary team. This is from the early stages of bids and tenders, to customer requirements capture, through validation, testing, approvals and installation, to ongoing customer support.
As the Project Manager, you will guide the planning and lead implementation of projects delivering a technical solution which meets the customers’ needs and aligns with industry specifications. This role demands developed communication and interpersonal skills as you will collaborate with teams across the business to understand and deliver solutions to the customer. This includes Products, Services & Engineering teams, Sales, Accounting and Planning, as well as frequently liaising, influencing and establishing rapport with our customers.
- Projects include but are not limited to: design, manufacture, delivery, fit-out, and test of traction power equipment, and in particular traction power or distribution substations at 650V DC, 25kV AC, 33kV AC.
- Establishes a highly motivated high performing, success orientated team to meet the project requirements.
- Provides project reports to the business and to clients.
- Represent the company at meetings as the need arises with the client, main contractor, project team, and other meaningful decision-makers in respect of matters arising on the project
- Carefully prepares in conjunction with the company's commercial management all correspondence and written and verbal transactions related to the conduct of the project works both technical and commercial.
- Can understand, take into account and put forward / present a strategic viewpoint when it comes to the project finances and delivery.
- Plans strategy for maintaining good relations, communicating and exchanging information with the customer and other interested partners.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Extensive Project Management experience at a similar level, ideally within UK railway electrification projects. Transferable knowledge from other relevant power distribution industries also considered.
- Further education qualification, ideally degree qualified
- APM qualification or equivalent
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution.
- Technical & engineering skills, qualifications & experience
- Strong commercial aptitude & awareness
- Good IT skills/ Computerised Information Systems, including MS Office applications, and an understand of Primavera Project software (e.g. P6e)
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability, to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time