We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
As a UX lead, your role requires a strong understanding of best practices with user experience and hands on experience with interaction design, visual design, information architecture, user research and UX strategy as well as proven collaboration and project management skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join a newly formed in-house UX team to advocate to a cross functional team the needs of the user. You will be working across disciplines, organizational and geographical boundaries, serving customers with diverse needs and pain points to rapidly develop world-class enterprise software. Your challenge will be to take large, powerful and complex applications and transform them into simple, intuitive and compelling experience that modern user expectations demand, while preserving their formidable capabilities. You will be working in a fast-paced, agile environment where you will have to keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies and standards. You will wear many UX hats and take the initiative to develop a variety of UX deliverables from personas to mock-ups as well as design governance and best practice documentation, and where needed, contribution to UI design at all levels including the visual language of our design system.
Your new responsibilities
- Lead the complete redesign of our B2B products by following a user centric design process from the collection of requirements to the development of concepts and final designs
- Serve as the user advocate throughout the entire product development cycle – by putting the user first, furthermore by taking into consideration business and technical constraints
- Keep a high-level vision in mind while creating comprehensive wireframes and high-fidelity mockups
- Develop UX objects (user stories, user journeys, flow diagrams, clickable prototypes, UI specifications, etc.)
- Scope, plan and conduct user testing to evaluate and validate concepts and designs.
- Plan and moderate design sprints and stakeholder workshops
- Collaborate with other UX designers to align design concepts across our products as well as mentor junior team members
- Help the UX team to evolve our Design System and advocate for UX across the organization
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor/Masters's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI or a related field, or equivalent practical experience)
- At least 4-5 years of industry experience as a UX designer with a strong portfolio of work demonstrating core interaction and visual design skills
- Proven expertise with modern design tools, with the ability to produce high-fidelity mockups and prototypes. We look for practical experience in designing complex systems in a B2B setup
- Proven understanding of and experience with design process, methodology, and human-centered design including UX research.
- Experience in collaborating in a global cross-functional setup across product management, engineering and marketing
- Desirable would be experience or interest in designing IoT based systems
- English Business fluency is required. German or any additional language is a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time