We are looking for a Material Operations/Logistics Intern to join Siemens MO CS team. This position will be located in Elk Grove Village, IL, reporting directly to MLT Head of Material. The Material Operations/Logistics Intern position will work closely with fellow team members and interface directly with customers and drivers to ensure timely delivery according to contract requirements. The candidate will assist in process development and maintenance, continuous improvement activities, and operations support. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. The right person will be highly organized, have a great attention to detail, and excellent communication and follow-up skills.
• Develop detailed reports on key performance indicators
• Provide support for identifying areas of opportunity within the material department, identifying efficiencies, trend analysis for delivery errors, and working on projects with Head of Material as assigned.
• Provide assistance regarding business operations
• Work directly with the management team
• Resolve receiving/shipping errors with external warehouse
• Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of the DC relocation.
• Collect and analyze data to publish a variety of monthly departmental metrics
• Produce daily reports that allow back order status to be evaluated
• Participate in the creation of new project requirement documents and monitor their progress
• Perform transactions in SAP
Projects the intern will work on:
• Develop Logistics Concept/Model for growing business within the North American market.
• Assist in development of stock plan for newest customer prior to mobilization
• Assist in development of Standard Operating Procedures.
• KPI development for internal and external metrics for Material Department success.
• Transportation spend reduction initiatives for current state and built into the concept/model
• Gain a deeper understanding of Siemens Mobility and how the Material Department contributes to the overall goals of the Business Unit.
• Gain experience through the practical, hands-on use of Siemens Mobility application and information systems.
• Implement technical solutions that solve current issues but are designed to allow for future updates as well.
• Required travel: 10% (Domestic)
• BA or similar degree pursuit
• Working hours – 40 hours/week 8am to 4pm
• Duration: 6 months - 1 year
• Fluent using Microsoft Office products and database software
• The ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
• The ability to perform job duties with a sense of urgency and focused on safety.
• Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey technical concepts in business terms.
• Have exposure to Six Sigma/Lean Methodology
• Familiarity with Import/Export Processes and Compliance
• Strong oral and written technical communication skills
• Experience working collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.