Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - Siemens Smart Infrastructure
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. At Siemens Smart Infrastructure we create environments that care and has a track record in providing innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major infrastructure challenges.
Change the future with us
You mission will be to assist management with the performance of all aspects of corporation tax compliance and advisory services to companies in the Siemens UK Group plus other taxation requirements as necessary.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- Working for the Senior Corporate Tax Manager the activities will include:
- Preparation of corporation tax returns, required claims & elections, IFRS reporting calculations and statutory account calculations / disclosures in respect of allocated portfolio of group companies.
- Assistance with the preparation of more complex aspects of tax matters on allocated portfolio of group companies. This will include liaison with contacts across the business and research on specific technical issues. This would potentially include:
- Providing advisory support in relation to commercial and cross border trading activities and liaison with overseas tax departments or advisors as required.
- Preparation of Research and Development Expenditure Credit claims.
- Involvement in the completion and analysis of group topics; e.g. tax governance and risk management requirements, group plans, thin capitalization, calculation of tax installment payments to HMRC.
- Provision of advice in respect of the pricing and documentation of cross border transactions, preparation of transfer pricing documentation for UK companies and other transfer pricing related obligations.
- Completion of specialist tax research/reviews on particular technical issues as required and ad-hoc tax advice.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Appropriate tax or accounting qualification and experience of UK corporate tax
- Tax return software – Experience preferred
- Ability to operate effectively and collaborate in a team environment
- Integrity and customer focus
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary, annual bonus, and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time