- Senior level Electrical Engineer responsible for the design and development of new AC induction motor designs up to 20,000 HP+ and manufactured for the North American market.
- Candidates to have both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering design knowledge of the product with a strong focus on Electrical Engineering.
- Position will report to the Manager of Research and Development for AboveNEMA motors in the Siemens LDA business unit.
- Creates electrical designs for new product families.
- Serves as lead electrical consultant for Development and Product Engineering and provide high level technical support to the supporting manufacturing groups as required.
- Embraces close collaboration with Global Siemens colleagues and has the ability to integrate global product ideas, concepts, standards, methods as necessary to improve the Norwood business.
- Answers requests on technical details and coordinates solutions of issues
- Provides high level technical support and Engineering consultation for customer service cases as required. Support would include (but is not limited to) root cause analysis of stator failures, temperature rise failures, and excessive noise.
- Continuously enhances or improves existing Engineering standards, processes, or methods to streamline and modernize Engineering function
- Provides specialized technical guidance or training to professional staff. Demonstrates leadership qualities and role model qualities expected from a senior level professional.
- Participates in applicable Siemens, NEMA and IEC standards.
- Supports technical publications and conferences critical to the Siemens LDA business (e.g., PCIC, IEEE publications, Pulp and paper, etc.)
- Performs advanced areas of work for the professional field.
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Develops very complex planning of detailed product development objectives. Guides preparation of very complex sketches, design layouts, and other specifications.
- Develops very complex review of results to determine that products perform in the intended manner.
- Develops very complex prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility.
- Develops standardization of very complex materials, components and assemblies.
- Develops and maintains detailed and comprehensive records of all inventive ideas, designs, and basic improvements.
- Guides documenting of product issues for future reference and problem resolution.
- Guides the review of very complex product designs to ensure designs and/or revisions avoid infringements of patents that are not controlled by the company.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5+ years successful Engineering experience in Product Engineering or R&D
- 5%-10% potential travel
- Advanced knowledge of induction motor theory and design.
- Must possess good relationship skills and be able to provide clear, direct, concise communication as required.
- Ability to lead and organize small groups of technical experts and provide direction as needed.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or higher preferred
- Preferred technical experience in electric motor manufacturing or large rotating equipment.
- Preferred knowledge of large electrical motor design and troubleshooting.
- Preferred knowledge of VFD applications, insulation design, power systems, control design, air flow and heat transfer.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.