Operations Engineering Supervisor – Smart Buildings
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and
foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal
responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to
act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate
openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We
recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team
members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development
What you will
do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position leads a team responsible for the design and engineering of building automation, fire, and security systems. The right candidate will coordinate engineering deliverables and schedules with the Engineering and Project Management teams to provide on-time delivery of configuration and connection activities and to ensure customer expectations and commitments are met.
· Supervise, train, and mentor the System Engineering team through goal setting, performance monitoring, employee review meetings, and scheduling of formal training.
· Ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications, and cost estimates.
· Supervise and ensure quality submittal preparation, labor plans, job site walks, job folder updates, and re-estimates.
· Implement engineering productivity tools and practices to increase the overall quality and productivity of the team.
· Coordinate engineering priorities with Project Management teams to achieve on-time completion of engineering submittals.
· Maintain relationships among Sales, Engineering, and Execution teams so changes and discrepancies can be managed to minimize costs and delays throughout the estimating and execution phases of projects.
· Support project profitability through cost-containment procedures and processes.
- Associate degree from a two-year college or technical school; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in engineering or project management; 5+ years preferred
- Experience supervising teams; 3+ preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity or experience with engineering HVAC, Building Automation, Fire Alarm, or Security Systems
- Fire Specific: NICET level II Fire Alarm Certification required within 12 months
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ACAD, and business software systems
- Familiarity with Bluebeam or equivalent software preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.