The Bogie Manufacturing Manager will join our growing factory in Sacramento manufacturing bogies for passenger coaches, locomotives, metros and light rail vehicles. This role will be responsible to manage several assembly team managers and supervisors across three shifts with up to 80 team members.
• Commit to Zero Harm @ Siemens for the health and safety of all employees
• Live and promote an ownership culture where every employee takes personal responsibility for the company’s success
• Develop manufacturing plans to achieve requirements of master production schedule, and execute those plans while meeting safety, quality and cost targets
• Develop annual department budgets, execute operations, and monitor performance against targets
• Collaborate with other production managers to share best practices and drive continuous improvement through lean manufacturing and 6S principles
• Interface with Project Managers to provide progress updates on schedule, cost & quality. Clearly communicate areas where additional support is required
• Track and manage production performance. Identify constraints then develop and implement effective countermeasures
• Identify the root cause of defects then implement measures & initiatives for defect reduction
• Manage and develop several teams across three shifts. Conduct bi-annual employee performance reviews. Plan, monitor and document the training & development of manufacturing employees, including continuous feedback outside of reviews
• Coordinate with support functions (Quality, Engineering, Scheduling, Procurement) and internal customers to ensure the entire team is aligned & working together to solve problems and meet commitments
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Ten years of production supervision experience
• Experience implementing changes in a manufacturing environment to improve safety, quality, schedule and cost
• Effective coaching, leadership, communication and team-building skills for hourly workforce
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and evaluate parts against drawings
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5+ years of experience in capital equipment manufacturing
• Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding, machining and mechanical assembly
• Experience in Siemens Production System or equivalent Lean manufacturing
• Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.