Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems - Smart systems. Smart traffic. Thinking mobility further through adaptable and modular solutions.
We are currently looking for a Supervisor / Lead Installation Operative to join our Siemens Intelligent Traffic business within the Surrey/Berkshire region. Working from our brand new service Centre in Crawley this exciting new role will be responsible for all new installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities. You will also be responsible for organising and scheduling installation activities and have first line management responsibility for Installation employees.
- Install traffic signals, including the installation and wiring of controllers, ancillary equipment and highways systems
- Complete electrical tests, periodic inspections with electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities
- Follow site specifications for quality and accuracy
- Lead the installation team and sub-contractors on site with responsibility of site inductions
- Be a key contact for customer queries relating to the activity on site
- Review performance information related to employees and respond accordingly
- Monitor absence for team, conducting return to work conversations. Escalate when triggers are reached
- Ensure stock is booked accurately and available for installation activities
- Complete mandatory NHSS (National Highways Sector Scheme) training requirements
- Be aware of safety at work and be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible by following all Health and Safety Procedures
- Monitor and promote health and safety reporting processes within the team
Knowledge and skills required for this role:
- Someone with electrical knowledge or equivalent experience in electrical engineering (desirable)
- Someone with experience in installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment
- Someone with ability to lead and supervise teams and managing sub-contractors
- Someone who is co-operative, helpful and willing to use their own initiative
- Someone who is willing to change and adapt, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily
- Someone with good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and has the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
- Someone who can work on their own or as part of a team, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team
- Willingness to work outside and work at heights
- IOSH qualification (desirable)
Preferred, but not essential:
- Experience of working on traffic signal equipment
In this field service role, you will drive a company vehicle therefore you will have a driving licence and be based within commutable distance from the Crawley, West Sussex area. Your patch will also include travel to Surrey and Berkshire regions.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time