We are looking for an IT Project Manager / Teamcentre Specialist to join our IT Team in Siemens Mobility based in Chippenham. This role is offered on a fixed term contract for 2 years.
As a Project Manager, you will direct and manage project development from beginning to end, you will plan, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. You will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
In a Teamcenter role, you will drive the administration and enhancement of the Teamcenter systems of Siemens Mobility with locations in Germany, Great Britain, Australia and India. Based on Siemens guidelines you will be responsible for the introduction and further development of several Teamcenter installations; coordinate project activities with participating business departments, IT specialist departments as well as external developers and suppliers.
What are your responsibilities
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, set and continually manage project expectations
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools and track project deliverables
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- As PLM specialist you will analyze the requirements of our users and elaborate solutions, always with the background of an optimal economic practicability
- You prepare system implementations, updates and support tool analysis, tests, documentation, debugging and error correction
- The further development of the knowledge base including user documentation as well as tests, implementation and release of new features are also part of your task spectrum
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
What do you need to qualify for this job
- University degree or college diploma in the field of IT/Business and/or certification in a project management discipline
- Someone with experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Someone with strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project
- IT Integration experience desired
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management
- Within your multi-annual relevant professional experience, you could acquire knowledge in configuration, installation and customer specific extension of PLM systems including interfaces to third party systems (e.g. ERP) as well as a high degree of process understanding
- You convince us with distinctive expertise in Teamcenter and document management, in the area of data modelling with the Business Modeler IDE, the definition of queries (Query Builder), output of reports (bill of materials, forms, workflows) and in the area of BOM management
- Ideally, you have experiences in the field of project and service management including incident management, error categorization and analyze in interaction with internal departments or suppliers in the area of engineering and manufacturing
- Skills and methods to describe processes and their realization in technical uses cases, user stories and workflows are desirable
- Furthermore, knowledge in SAP, web, cloud and database technology distinguishes you
- Your international affinity is reflected by profound knowledge of German and English.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- You can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- You react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently and are flexible during times of change
- You have the ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines; you are persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- You have the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments with ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
- You can bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity with strong written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- You are able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Someone who is tenacious with Customer service skills would be an asset
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time