The Energy Management Division of Siemens is the one stop supplier of sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy conversion chain – from power transmission right through to the customer – and makes it possible to adapt power grids to future demands, through modernization and capability improvement. Our technology simplifies the control of power grids and ensures an economic, reliable, intelligent, highly available and efficient grid operation.
The Digital Grid Unit brings to market solutions that over time are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. We are making the Digital Grid a reality by partnering with utilities and cities to implement their visions. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY and Houston, TX.
We are looking for the best talent to craft the dynamic technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The consulting side of the Digital Grid Business Unit (PTI) is seeking a Mid-Level professional with a consistent track record who will be responsible for leading, and motivating a team of consulting engineers in the implementation and delivering cutting edge power systems analytics and engineering. This position will drive regional business unit growth in order to achieve corporate targets, and will be responsible for all consulting resources and portfolio activities. This position requires great technical management and execution leadership, as well as admirable people skills, while balancing bottom line objectives.
This position is integral to the Siemens PTI Management team headquartered in Schenectady, NY, and will require travel primarily in US and Canada, however other international travel may be required, subject to regional client demands. Additional commitments will be Business Development support for client development, all associated talent acquisition and consulting activities to fulfill corporate growth targets.
- Profit and loss responsibility of regional Power Consulting Business, as per annual business targets.
- Manage resource scheduling and order fulfillment of all Power Consulting project orders.
- Drive an efficient consulting practice and monitor market rates to optimize billability
- Maintain a 3 year business plan and drive new portfolio development for emerging consulting services.
- Manage talent acquisition, onboarding, training, mentoring and development of personnel to support business targets.
- Manage client engagements, proposal generation and project management functions to deliver consulting services, as per Siemens PTI quality standards.
- Proactively manage inclusion and allocation of nontechnical and third party resources that can be charged out.
- Leverage relationships with Siemens Energy and Industrial Business Units.
- Manage the Personal Development Process of the regional Consulting team.
- Support the Business Development team in formulating and executing winning strategies, including promoting consulting services and
- Manage proactive representation of Siemens PTI in professional societies, committees and conferences.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Attributes:
- Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills.
- Very partner focused, proactive and effective within a team environment.
- Demonstrated financial acumen from a P&L perspective.
- Minimum 10+ years of successful power engineering and/or consulting experience
- Demonstrated growth and consistent record of leadership performance over career
- Bachelors or advanced degree in related domain, with a combination of technical and business experience in the Energy Sector
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.