Engineering, coordination of all maintenance activities of the Metro Rolling Stock. Support the operator in the event of any upcoming issues
The Mission :
- Senior Engineer shall envisage & organize all RST related maintenance activities within the maintenance section RST for both lines:
- Liaise directly with the section manager for internal issues, coordination with other sections and interfaces with the Customer.
- Coordinate and plan maintenance activities of all RST equipment in accordance with relevant regulations, good industry practices and international benchmark.
- Work as a technical expert within the Rolling Stock service and technical solutions.
- Analyze disruptions in RST equipment and accordingly plan & execute preventive measures.
- Preparation of the necessary interface papers and coordination/confirmation of the requested activities.
What are my responsibilities :
- Engineer and coordination of preventive and corrective maintenance tasks on Metro Riyadh Rolling Stock equipment which includes the following components:
- Carbody, structure and coupling elements
- Bogies incl. bogie assemblies as brakes, traction motors, etc.
- 750VDC power supply and distribution
- Traction inverter and traction control system
- Auxiliary power supply for 3~400V AC, 1~230V AC and 110V DC level
- Air condition (HVAC) systems
- Passenger doors
- Train Control System based on SIBAS 32
- Passenger Information System (PIS)
- Coordinate and manage of daily routine shift work according to work schedule and periodic (monthly, quarterly, six monthly & yearly) inspection plans to keep the Rolling Stock Assets fully serviceable and in a state of good condition.
- Definition and adaption of work priorities for the maintenance activities, depending on manpower and material availability, operational demands, predefined maintenance plans and unforeseen issues.
- Coordination (and request approval, if necessary) of planned and unplanned maintenance activities which could have an impact to other stakeholders as operation control or other maintenance sections
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities are performed in conformance with existing technical and operational instructions, maintenance manuals and good industry practice.
- Instruct staff regarding the correct methods of maintenance with special reference to safety precautions and use of PPE
- Timely and sufficiently detailed reporting of all maintenance activities and deviations by using the provided reporting tools
- Checking availability and providing all necessary tools, materials and documents needed to perform the assigned tasks
- Utilisation of CMMS system for
- Creation, assignation and closing of work orders
- Ensuring availability of spare parts, special tools and up-to-date documents
- Shift-, failure- and fleet reporting
- Monitoring and review of major maintenance task reports of subordinates
- Assisting section manager in his tasks, keeping superior officers fully informed of any important development and seek their guidance when required
Safety Critical Competencies :
- Physical fitness class 1
- Good understanding of the safety relevant components of Rolling Stock assets, workshop infrastructure and potential hazards of high and low voltage electricity as well as measures of hazard prevention (5 safety rules)
- Good command of both the spoken and written English language
HSQE Responsibilities :
- Responsibility for the work safety of subordinates and the safe conditions of infrastructure, equipment and tools.
- Execution of regular checks of infrastructure, equipment and tools with focus on work safety matters.
- Full responsibility for the work of subordinates within his shift with regards of work quality, quantity and product safety. Personal inspection of completed work prior to handover to Operator whenever deemed necessary regarding safety critical aspects.
- To be aware of the development and implementation of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements, to ensure that these are implemented within their area of responsibility;
- Realize the personal responsibilities and contribution, and those of their staff (including subcontractors) in achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System and Competence Management System requirements, control measures and legal requirements by contributing to environmental impacts and aspects assessments, job safety analysis, information security risk assessments and competence assessments within their area of responsibility. Ensure that the results of such assessments are communicated to those affected. Ensure that staff understand them and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place
- To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions and promote the same within their area of responsibility
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced within their departments and among subcontractors and third parties working under his area of responsibility
- Ensure that a good HSQE and Information Security culture is promoted within their departments and among their peers, subcontractors and third parties working under his area of responsibility
- Lead by example and ensure that ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste are identified within their area of responsibility
- Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Has a certificate or diploma in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical and minimum three years of work experience;
- Has experience of working in projects, preferably in public transportation business (preferred are candidates with experience in metro railway rolling stock operation and maintenance organisation). Service experience in metro rolling stock field from the contractor/sub-contractor (OEM) side specially in brake system, HVAC, TMS, propulsion, door, bogie & suspension system etc. can also be considered. Having experience in handling the operation and maintenance of Depot Workshop Equipment is an added advantage;
- Has a good command of both the spoken and written English language;
- Has good computer skills (MS office); experience with a CMMS system is an added advantage
- Has the ability to read and understand technical manuals, mechanical and electrical diagrams;
- Has the ability to train staff on technical issues;
- Has the ability to perform trouble shooting in sequence manner
- Has a good understanding of HSE requirements and fully supports SIEMENS Zero Harm policy. Experience of work safety regulations while working in metro rail depots is an added advantage.
- Has a good knowledge in tools and equipment.
What else do I need to know ?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply ?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time