Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Assistant Counsel – Commercial Solutions
This is a role
well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their
career. As Assistant Counsel – Commercial Solutions, you will be responsible
· Working in conjunction with legal colleagues to support the delivery of legal services related to Siemens Healthineers broad & expanding portfolio of medical devices and services, including offerings in diagnostic imaging, service, laboratory diagnostics, advanced therapies, molecular diagnostics & services, and point of care product sales.
· Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements to meet business and legal requirements, including sales, group purchasing agreements, business associate agreements, distribution, confidentiality agreements and requests for proposals.
· Collaborating with sales, marketing, finance, and other departments to analyze business, regulatory and legal contract terms.
· Assisting in the management of contract documentation flow, approvals, reporting and archiving consistent with internal processes.
· Actively counseling the sales and field finance staff members on commercial law, healthcare regulations, fraud & abuse, privacy (including data privacy) and related topics.
· Assisting in the training of sales, field finance and other personnel on commercial law, regulatory matters, Siemens Healthineers’ templates and other relevant topics.
· Assisting in the development of creative and compliant solutions to resolve complicated business challenges and customer disputes.
· Assisting in the education and guidance of business partners with regard to key commercial, competition, data privacy and significant regulatory considerations.
· Actively participating in the negotiation of agreements with customers, partners, suppliers, vendors and government agencies as directed.
· Upon request, assisting with ongoing counseling regarding (and efficient implementation of) various corporate policies, initiatives and/or programs.
· Cooperating across corporate business units and departments and throughout a large group of affiliated companies to achieve optimal results while minimizing risk.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, would like to develop your career with Healthineers and you have the following critical competencies:
· Ability to support challenging engagements with highest integrity and ethics.
· Effective negotiation, communication, listening and drafting skills.
· Exposure to U.S. healthcare legal and regulatory environment preferred.
· Fluency with the regulatory environments, including anti-kickback laws, fraud and abuse statutes, and privacy laws applicable to medical device manufacturers preferred.
· Ability and interest in working collaboratively with multiple teams simultaneously, some of whom may be located outside of the U.S.
· Ability to identify and initiate needed actions and follow-up.
· Ability to innovate in design and delivery of legal strategies and solutions to support ever-evolving business objectives.
· Interest in monitoring and improving processes through ongoing optimization efforts, technology enhancements, and business partner feedback preferred.
· Willingness and ability to travel domestically and, from time-to-time, internationally.
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
· Minimum of 4 years of corporate and commercial law experience in a well-regarded law firm or in-house legal department with a respected healthcare company preferred.
· U.S. law degree (J.D.) required.
· Admitted to practice law in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers .
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.