The ITS team is recruiting for a Head of Sales Mobility Solutions Portfolio team for its strategic accounts in the Eastern US (roughly delineated as the territory east of the Mississippi River). This strategic role will be a have autonomy in determining and then carrying out the strategy, business development, sales growth, and sales management for all ITS activity in the Eastern U.S. They will be incentivized by a commissions plan and have a thirst to capture business in key accounts. The Head of Sales will report to the Head of Mobility Solutions Portfolio. We are actively recruiting candidates to be based in Austin, TX but are open to remote employment.
Candidates will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
· Demonstrated subject matter expertise in ITS, including knowledge of market conditions and potential competitors’ activities
· A robust network of customer relationships in major cities, counties, and departments of transportation, as well as experience working with government clients
· Experience developing and implementing a business development plan that weighs short-term revenue growth and profitability, with long-term customer satisfaction and loyalty
· Strong writing and presentation skills, preferably demonstrated through a proven track record of winning bids and leading client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings
· Problem-solving ability, including resolving customer complaints and connecting clients to Siemens ITS to solve equipment problems
· Ensures the implementation of Sales strategy and sets the sales targets for focused accounts in the Mobility team the assigned sales organization.
· Develops and proposes sales budgets and growth forecasts, aligned with the sales strategy
· Supports and directs proposal responses by reviewing RFP requirements, designing and describing technical solutions, and other written documentation as necessary to support proposal generation efforts
· Keep up to date with the industry and gather market and competitor intelligence in the area of ITS solutions
· Presents at regional and conferences on Siemens ITS technology and solutions.
· Provides specialized technical training and education
· Participates and leads in customer meetings and presentations, acting as an ITS solution lead
Cooperates with Marketing, Product Management, Project Management,
and distribution channel partners to position Siemens ITS solutions in the
Competencies for this job include:
· Understanding of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive signal control, transit signal priority, and connected vehicle (V2I) solutions
· Familiarity with mobility as a service offering, transportation-as-a-service or shared mobility topics
· Professional engineering (PE) certification preferred
to translate user requirements into effective system designs using appropriate
Knowledgeable in industry standards
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop new and innovative ideas / solutions
· Experience in business and commercial development
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
· Flexibility to manage diverse workload
· Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems
· Willing to travel ~50%
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.