Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Smart Building solution estimation engineer who will help the sales team in establishing projects with effectively laying out the scope, technical solutions and other facets of the project requirements.
Our candidate should have prior experience with Security Systems in Singapore & ASEAN market knowing that our portfolio covers Access Control, CCTV Surveillance and Intrusion systems, as well as PSIM, Identity Management and associated systems. Ideally the candidate is also knowledgeable in Building Management System controls design and HVAC projects or related HVAC and/or electrical. Additionally, will need to analyze bid documents, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare a proper estimation that connects scheduling, cost and labor for the project’s bid package development.
• Participate in the definition of the technical solution of a bid with a specific focus on the preparation of Bill Of Materials once the design is finalized using the company standards.
• Participate in the construction and writing of the proposals, generating the required technical information for a tender.
• To effectively coordinate with other internal stakeholders including technical, sales and procurement to improve the standards and tools used for the technical part of the tendering activities.
• Work with the other team members to prepare the tender estimates and its associate plans and ensuring compliance with the process.
• Ensure smooth handover of documents and estimates to the relevant stakeholders.
• Effectively write, present and communicate the bids to both internal & external stakeholders.
• Competitively bid as accurately as possible while utilizing high-quality vendor selections.
• Willing to travel client sites, meeting of third party vendors
• Participate in tender clarification meeting
• Must keep up to date with latest technology, willing to participate in trade fairs.
• Participate in Security SOL Community within the MA region
• Collaborate with Security Centre of Competence based in Dubai to provide Technical Support, Application Support and Trainings
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Possess Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
• 5-8 years of experience in the building construction industry especially in Building Automation, Security, Fire Detection or ELV Systems is an added advantage
• Experience in engineering Building Management System with a strong focus on HVAC control, and also in Extra Low Voltage systems like IBMS, Fire Detection, Security systems
• Able to communicate with people of all levels
• Excellent time management and analytical skills. Able to work well under pressure
• Highly motivated, resourceful and independent worker who is proactive and customer-focused