The Transmission systems need to live up to new challenges in the wake of decarbonization, decentralization, and digitalization. High-voltage direct current (HVDC) technology offers the most efficient means of transmitting large amount of power over long distances, help connect green power to the grid, and stabilize three-phase-grids. Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) are the perfect solution for increasing the reliability of AC grids, improving power quality, and boosting transmission efficiency.
We are tasked with the design and development of tools and utilities as part of a heterogeneous application engineering ecosystem for the HVDC and FACTS domain. The department is heavily invested in the area of software platform architecture, development and digitalization to empower our engineering teams to deliver customer projects as fast and reliable as possible.
Energy Transmission Solutions - What do we offer?
- You will be part of a highly professional team, working with future driven technologies on innovative software products
- Close collaboration between colleagues, also remotely through video calls and dashboard tools
- Besides an agile, vibrant working environment and many more benefits, you will have a chance to grow with the product.
Your new role
- You will part of a team designing and implementing Process Visualization software with WinCC OA as part of the Control & Protection System
- You are responsible for implementing and enhancing Visualization concepts
- You are responsible for implementing parameterization, configuration and delivery solutions for the SCADA / HMI system
- You successfully completed a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or comparable
- You have more than three years with real world programming experience
- You are experienced in object-oriented programming languages like C++
- Strong knowledge and experience with WinCC OA or comparable SCADA / HMI systems
- You are familiar with database systems
- You bring analytical skills, initiative and problem-solving attitude along.
- You have experience of working in an agile team and excellent communication skills
- You are fluent in English
We’re Siemens, a collection of great minds who are all making the future. You could be one of us!
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. The division in Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest is the competence center for research, software development, IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies.
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time