Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The DCS and SCADA Service Engineer is responsible for design, implementation and commissioning of PCS7 based Control Systems, TIA Portal, WinCC SCADA Systems and SIMATIC PLC Systems for a variety of industrial control system applications predominantly in the Water Industry, Petrochemicals and Oil & Gas sectors.
What are my responsibilities?
- Development of control system design
- PCS7, WinCC and STEP 7 programming of control systems
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Siemens DCS and SCADA design, programming, commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience in PCS7 Systems
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
- In depth knowledge of Water and Wastewater process, Petrochemical processes and Oil & Gas processes
- Willingness to travel and work away when required
- Driving license
- IEC61131 PLC Coding Standards.
- IEC61508 Safety System
- Ability to develop PCS7 and PLC programs based on reading schematics and interpreting customer specifications
- Ability to troubleshoot control loops and motor wiring
- Network architecture design
- Industrial instrumentation selection, configuration, commissioning and troubleshooting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in both Water and Oil & Gas industries.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time