The Commissioning & Warranty (C&W) Manager will lead a team of UK based Commissioning & Warranty Technicians for all UK Region new Rolling Stock Introduction Programmes and certain UK Projects that require the team’s expertise. The C&W Manager is accountable for the efficient handling of each assigned project during the project phases of commissioning and warranty, with focus to cost, time and quality for all types of rolling stock vehicle equipment on completed vehicles i.e. Highspeed, Commuter Rail, Metro, Light Rail and Passenger Coaches.
A key aspect of this leadership role is to develop and execute a continual resource pipeline to create teams of people who are motivated and mobile with the right competencies (via individual training plans) to meet the demands of future projects e.g. DTUP. Entrepreneurial management to secure funding for the team through the known workload “peaks and troughs” via secondment of team members to projects via chargeable work placements in the UK and Globally to maintain and gain competencies in different tasks, activities and systems.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for the project preparation and planning of Commissioning in each allocated project and the associated project planning for every phase as required
- Responsible for the formation of the overall commissioning team within MO RS MP, and the co-ordination of specific commissioning teams and activities with the respective project managers
- Responsible for the static commissioning of trains manufactured from the Goole factory from 2023
- Responsible for all UK DTUP commissioning and Warranty activities
- Develop a plan to integrate UK team into commissioning activities required at Vienna Factory and Wildenrath
- Budget responsibility for commissioning & warranty activities for each assigned project within MO RS MP
- Provide a robust communication interface between project teams and the commissioning function by applying the necessary controls functions and process steps as per global RS Commissioning standards
- Responsible for the release that the certain vehicle(s) can go on test drives and into operation
- Coordination and supervision of operational commissioning and, when warranty is commissioned, it has to be realized in accordance with customer specific regulations of contract and according to project-specific commissioning
What do I need to qualify?
- Leadership skills to manage a diverse, highly mobile team with continual training & skills development
- Experience of working on the maintenance of Siemens fleets in the UK with a desire to learn new skills
- Excellent communicators, both written and oral
- Strong analytical, problem solving and fault-finding skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships easily
- Good project and stakeholder management skills
· Good knowledge of IT networks (Profinet, TCP/IP) and IT systems, specifically understanding of use of maintenance management systems and diagnostic tools.
- Ability to speak German useful but not essential
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time