Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Sr. Systems Engineer
This is a role well suited to an
ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr. Systems
Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- You will be responsible for Leading the Execution of the Systems Engineering process for Siemens Ultrasound product development projects, in order to achieve products of high quality and maintain compliance to medical device standards and regulations.
- You will work with a variety of cross-functional project, engineering, and feature teams to lead them through system design, requirements definition, risks hazard assessment, system integration, and technical specifications, to define and review the features with stakeholders.
- You will collaborate with product management, clinicians, UX designers, customers, project management and SAFe solution engineers, and implementation engineers to create feature concepts, explain system functions, and lead features and clinical solutions to a successful release.
- Your engineering background will be utilized to define System and Subsystem Requirements, as derived from clinical and product requirements, and used to derive module and component requirements. You will work with the System Verification Team to create tests to verify the requirements and create traceability matrices and work effectively throughout the project to drive efficiency improvements.
This position may suit you best if you relate with what
is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers:
- You are a motivated individual who strives for excellence and inspires others. You always want to do better.
- A proficiency for using new technologies to improve efficiencies within the organization is an interest of yours.
- You are driven by a desire to develop products that help and improve the clinical outcomes of patients.
- One of your strongest attributes is influencing other individuals for whom you would not have a direct reporting relationship.
- You believe that sharing knowledge strengthens the Organization and leads to better outcomes.
- Willing to travel up to 5%, including internationally.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in Physics, Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Ultrasound Engineering, Software Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, or related experience in a regulated industry. Ideal candidate will have experience in medical devices, preferably medical imaging and ultrasound.
- Understanding of the practical application of Systems Engineering and Design Controls in Medical Device product development.
- Understanding of requirements management, tools, methodologies, and processes, including use of a variety of accepted methods.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a Quality Management System and Regulatory processes and proficiencies. Ideal candidate will have a detailed working knowledge of 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, IEC 60601-1, IEC 62366, and IEC 62304 standards.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific position before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.