Job Title: Senior Contract and Claim Manager (m/f/d) for Siemens Logistics
Job Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Siemens Logistics India Pvt. Ltd. is looking for a Senior Contract Manager to be based in Gurgaon, Haryana. Your work shall include providing Contract and Claims Management support to Siemens’ Logistics business, with focus on the execution phase of projects. Can you help us shape the future at Siemens Logistics India? We’re looking for a passionate professional with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Together we make the difference
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
Your new area of responsibility – challenging and future-oriented
- Analyze contracts by identifying formal requirements, claim potential as well as risks and opportunities;
- Contribute to contract workshops and to the development and implementation of strategies for risk and opportunity management; regularly reviewing the claim strategy with regard to customers, sub-suppliers and partners together with the project management
- Identifying, evaluating and ensuring the proper follow up on all events relevant for incoming and outgoing claims
- Collecting, preparing and managing relevant documents (incl. drafting of letters) and evidence in accordance with contractual deadlines and requirements. Ensure the structured documentation of contract deviations, amendments and changes;
- Pro-active support to the project management and procurement teams in contract related matters for main contracts, consortium contracts and subcontracts in order to ensure that all rights are properly safeguarded, all risks are duly mitigated and all opportunities are suitably implemented;
- Prepare and produce fully detailed and substantiated claims, e.g. for extension of time and associated costs, as well as safeguard the company from incoming claims and participate in claim related negotiations and disputes, including all legal proceedings like mediation, conciliation, arbitration or court proceedings; and
- Closely collaborate with other functional departments and align with the responsible legal counsel on legal matters.
Your qualifications – profound and adequate
- You have successfully completed a degree in law or you hold a technical or commercial degree from a reputed college in India or from a reputed international college and have gained long standing expert knowledge in the above-mentioned area of responsibility with experience of at least 5 to 10 years with a strong focus on contract related activities;
- You have gained experience in international project business, preferably with a multinational company and internationally staffed teams, as well as in the preparation and negotiation of terms and conditions of different types of contracts;
- Integral knowledge of sales, projects and commercial issues, preferably in infrastructure project business, would be an asset;
- Knowledge of scheduling systematics and techniques for substantiation of Extension of Time claims would be beneficial;
- As a person you are a skilled negotiator with strong assertiveness and persuasion skills and you are able to think through situations from an abstract conceptual perspective and have a problem-solving and solution-oriented approach as well as strong analytical skills;
- You are driven by integrity, ownership culture and reliability; and
· You are English native speaker or your English language skills are at least business fluent.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics India Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time