Company: SISW - Mentor
Job Title: Sr. Applications Engineer – PCB / Signal Integrity – MG – SISW - 206576
Job Location: USA, Remote
Job Category: Applications Engineering
The Sr. Applications Engineer (Sr. AE) is responsible for execution of the strategy to achieve specific business targets and strategic objectives for Electronic Board Systems (EBS) HyperLynx products. The AEC will be responsible for collaboratively engaging with customers to understand their challenges and needs and working with the Account Technology Manager (ATM) to plan and execute a strategy to maximize value of the HyperLynx products to the customer and Mentor.
As part of this role, the AEC is responsible for working with the ATM team and Account Managers (AM) to define the technical account plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the initial win, proliferation, and development of long term relationships with customers. A critical element of this role is to be able to approach the customer's problem creatively and architect a solution that leverages any / all of the capabilities offered in the HyperLynx product family.This person is expected to implement the tactics for the strategy and be the technical lead for the opportunity coordinating among peers throughout the AE organization. Providing critical field intelligence back into the EBS BU (business unit) is also required to make sure the product direction and roadmaps are aligned with the customer needs.
The location of this position is flexible within the US.
The overall responsibility is to drive the technical execution of the strategy to achieve technical wins and demonstrate the value of the EBS HyperLynx products by solving the customer’s problem.
- Work with ATM organization to define the strategy and tactics to achieve a technical win.
- Lead the technical engagement and collaborate with the AE organization.
- A basic understanding of all elements of a technical campaign - decision process, success criteria, committed usage upon success, and, of course, solving the customer’s problem.
- Establish regular face-to-face meetings with the customer to build trust and identify challenges the customer may be facing.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the customer’s problem(s) and work with the ATM to provide proposals on solutions that address the need.
- Design and develop automated solutions around the HyperLynx product line that can address the customer’s need.
- Collect and communicate customer feedback, competitive information, and general field intelligence back to the ATM team and the EBS BU with the goal of aligning product direction and roadmaps to the customer needs within the territory
- BS Degree or equivalent
- Prior experience in Signal Integrity / Power Integrity / Electromagnetics with design or Applications Engineering required
- Python / VBScript or other automation skills required
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Prospecting/uncovering skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to successfully drive closure of technical benchmarks
- Ability to effectively work in a highly matrixed organization across AMs,ATMs, field AE organization, and the business unit
- Professional customer presence
- Business travel required (approximately 25%)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.