Siemens Finance Leasing Ltd., Chief Risk Officer
- Given the rising macroeconomic challenge and the increasing complex credit environment in China, SFLL has the strong need to strengthen risk control to ensure sustainable growth.
- The CRO of SFLL China is responsible for ensuring effective risk management and risk governance.
- As one of the most senior positions in the SFLL China management team, this executive is also responsible for the sustainable development of the business together with the CEO and CFO while also fulfilling local regulatory requirements and compliance with Siemens global standards.
Beijing or Shanghai
What are my responsibilities?
- Risk Operational Leader:
- Develop, implement and monitor risk strategies, operating policies, procedures and practices (for underwriting, asset management, portfolio monitoring) to ensure a well balanced portfolio
- To direct and control all the activities of SFLL China Risk function in order to:
- Ensure a full and effective delivery of credit and underwriting decisions in line with policy, guidelines and agreed service levels
- Optimize profitability generated from assets at end of term through rigorous and comprehensive processes
- Minimize losses through proactive management of the overdue customers portfolio
- Manage actively the country portfolio through exercising lending authority, managing risk levels and credit losses through pro-active modifications of the target markets, underwriting standards and policies based on MIS information and statistical analyses
- Implement and monitor country specific measures for productivity and efficiency of the risk organisation (automation of decisions, approval and conversion ratios, turnaround times, arrears development, credit loss level)
- To challenge, develop and improve risk processes and assessment tools in co-operation with SFS Risk Management and Risk Controlling in order to improve quality of service and accuracy of transaction underwriting
- To provide Local, Regional and Central Management with regular and adequate reporting and implement/improve local reporting requirements in order to support monitoring and properly reflect portfolio risk
- Business Leadership and Executive Partnership
- As a senior member of management team, manage the sustainable development of SFLL China and the achievement of the expected targets in growth and profitability together with the CEO and CFO of SFLL China
- To participate in developing a clear vision and strategy for the business, to set its future direction in line with corporate guidelines and to provide strategic leadership and operational management
- Organization Leadership
- Responsible for developing and implementing people strategies to develop a high caliber and motivated risk management team in line with organizational needs and culture, including succession planning
- Minimum seven years in risk management with particular emphasis on small ticket flow business in a financial institution, ideally within leasing/banking businesses
- Proven track record in various Risk/Collection/Operation functions; successful implementation of risk management processes and tools within a platform able to efficiently process flow business and broad experience in building and assessing middle and large ticket leasing/renting transactions. Commercial experience in developing a portfolio would be preferable
- Minimum four years in a leadership position and experience of being part of management team with P&L responsibility of a structure more than 25 people is required
- Full understanding of China market and European market regulations. Track record in adapting an international standard control environment to a rapidly expanding business and work force.
- Proven track record within a Chinese environment, combined with wide international exposure. Effective interactions with colleagues and business partners in an international environment is crucial
- A balanced background between strategic abilities and operational skills. Background of successful team leadership and development across various location
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese and English
- University graduate or above, advanced degrees preferred
- Risk Leadership. The China leasing market is dynamic and highly competitive. SFLL China aims to continue the rapid growth despite the increasing business complexity. The successful CRO candidate will therefore drive collaborative risk governance in this fast moving and highly varied environment by:
- Forging a strong partnership with the business leaders through regular and open communication on investment strategy, risk issues and solutions, and risk policy
- Mentoring a high quality risk team which delivers strong analysis, identification and advice
- Providing strategic risk management advice and world class risk reporting to regional management and Group
- Strong Communication and Influencing Skills. The SFLL business has grown rapidly in recent years. To ensure the sustainable growth, the CRO candidate needs to work closely with other business units and with headquarters to build an effective and efficient risk management culture and framework:
- Working closely with business leaders, listening and observing to understand the business and risk issues and helping to solve problems
- Dealing with risk issues through quality analysis and from a business perspective
- Modelling senior leadership behavior by creating open discussion and displaying outstanding communication skills, professional presentation, self-motivation and the stature of a senior leader
- Building strong relationships with the large customers, business partners, regulators, auditors and other key external parties through open, responsive and intelligent communication
- Business Risk Judgment SFLL China’s success has been due in part to championing a strong risk culture. The CRO candidate will need to raise the awareness of risk issues and the quality of risk analysis and control through:
- Responding quickly to the business, senior management colleagues and the Board and demonstrating sound risk judgment
- Coaching all staff on risk issues and developing leading practice risk policy and procedures
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of products and risk management principles, policies and procedures
- Maintaining an outstanding risk management track record for the business.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Finance & Leasing Ltd. China Siemens Finance and Leasing Ltd (SFLL), wholly-owned by Siemens Ltd China, is a subsidiary of Munich-based Siemens Financial Services. It provides Chinese customers with customized financial solutions such as finance lease, operating lease and short-term lease.
Currently SFLL has offices in all major cities and regions in the mainland, providing prompt response to inquiries across the nation. Its services cover all Siemens divisions, as well as products from third-party manufacturers in healthcare, machine tool, industry machinery, energy, textile, construction machinery, ceramic and transportation etc.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Finance and Leasing Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time