Senior Project Controller
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is seeking a highly experienced individual for a position as a Senior Project Controller to support one or more project teams [typically category A and B level projects] through providing comprehensive financial support and implementation of project management controls. Responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, reporting & analysis, business process improvement and month end project settlement activities. This highly visible position requires regular interaction with internal and external customers as well as interactions with senior level staff members.
This position will serve as a commercial partner to the project manager and project teams providing financial leadership and transparency in support of driving a project performance based culture. In addition responsibility includes performing and/or leading the following activities based on the project size and complexity:
- Prepare project pricing calculations and documentation
- Participate in contract price negotiations
- Establish and maintain project WBS including revenue and billing formula’s
- Monitor and maintain contract funding / mod reconciliation
- Review and approve all major project expenditures (PR’s)
- Assist contracts group in negotiating project subcontract agreements
- Establish and maintain project budgets, and overall cost control
- Prepare Estimate-At-Completion (EAC) and variance analysis [budget vs actual]
- Drive project profitability and other performance metrics
- Ensure timely and accurate project billings [IDIQ, Cost Plus, T&M, and FFP]
- Track, reconcile and work to minimize project unbilled balances
- Monitor and work to maximize project cash flow
- Prepare risk and opportunity assessments; develop and execute plan to mitigate risks
- Prepare ad hoc project reporting and analysis as required
- Prepare detailed monthly project rolling forecasts
- Conduct monthly project review meetings
- Timely and accurate project settlement, prepare month end project journal entries
- Assist with contract close out and incurred cost submissions
- Support internal and external audits
- Setup and maintenance of customer master data in business system
- Work with Division Controller on other commercial activities as required
- Ensure project accounting is compliant with Siemens and Government accounting standards
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Apply defined business controls required to support company SOX, compliance, and level of authority requirements
- Coordinate activities with support teams including Corporate Accounting, IT, HR, Contracts, and Supply Chain Management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related discipline, MBA a plus
- 8-10 years of experience relating to Program Controls, Project Controlling [cost-schedule-performance], Financial Analysis, and Pricing in the Government / Defense industry for various contract types and complexity
- Experience in developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work and multitask effectively
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and motivated to drive change and foster an environment to help achieve business results
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management both orally and in written form
- Advanced level MS Excel skills with the ability to design complex models. MUST pass Excel Skills Test.
- Experience with OCONUS / International business
- Experience with handling Permanent Establishment, international tax and compliance is a plus.
- Familiar with EVMS theory and application
- Strong understanding of Government contracts, FAR and CAS
- Working knowledge of project accounting and GAAP principles
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, Costpoint Project module, and Cognos
- Strong project management skills (PMI certification or equivalent a plus)
Candidate must be a US citizen and may be subject to a government security investigation to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information if needed in the future.
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.