Can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for a dedicated Rotor Maker with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow! Join our manufacturing team as a Rotor Maker to help us provide quality products that make a difference! You will be responsible for assembly of the laminated Rotor Core used in electric motors. This role will be in our Norwood, OH facility on 2nd shift where you will join the local collective bargaining union. You will train on first shift until fully qualified in your new role.
What are your responsibilities?
- Insert copper bars into the rotor core.
- Prepare rotor assembly for grinding and balancing (benching). This includes slot, clean, drill and taps holes, assemble rings and fans.
- Efficiently perform all operations necessary to insure core conforms to visual and functional customer requirements to drawing and/or specifications.
- Move cores from staging area to the next workstation.
- Check all materials and verify all relative information on core, dispose of all trash and scrap in designated containers.
- Visually inspect and accept or reject cores for material defects, etc
- Demonstrated ability to move and transport material using crane or hand truck.
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to Rotor core assemblies.
- Ability to read a tape measure, scale, calipers, micrometers and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate various powered hand tools – (drills, grinders, impact drivers, etc.)
What other experience will assist you in this role?
- Experience operating manual or CNC machine tools.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.