Job description: Pre-Sales Solution Consultant – Manufacturing Operations Management
(Toronto office location)
- Technical sales and support of Siemens Digital Industries Software’s Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) portfolio primarily for the Food & Beverage (F&B) industry.
- Canada based highly skilled role within the Canadian Pre-Sales/Business Development team.
- As a MOM Solution Consultant you would be responsible for supporting field operations in various forms in order to make the sales organization well equipped to sell and support our MOM software solutions (Opcenter) in Food & Beverage (primary focus) as well other industries such as Automotive & Transportation, Aerospace & Defense, Machinery, High Tech and Electronics, Marine…
- You would need to engage with customers to gather business and technical requirements, determine their business needs and propose appropriate solutions within the MOM domain.
- By utilizing advanced knowledge of customer business needs, engineering and manufacturing processes, industry best practices and competitive differentiation, you would need to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and demonstrations of our MOM software solutions to customers in support of selling efforts.
- You would be a critical contributor within the sales process.
- You would need to maintain excellent knowledge of the F&B, CPG, CP&R industry domain.
- Establish and build a trusted advisor and credible business and technical consultant relationship with customers and sales executives
- Oversee and guide the customer in the selection of appropriate solutions and suites of technology
- Gather and advise the customer in the definition of high level business and technical requirements
- Provide guidance and mentoring on the technical capabilities and business value of their current and proposed Siemens solution portfolio
- Develop and deliver presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts, proposals and business and technology status reviews (e.g., TRBs, MRBs)
- Develop a strong high-level knowledge of the entire breadth of Siemens Digital Industries Software’s Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) portfolio (i.e. Opcenter)
- Manage customer technical queries and coordinate the resources that respond
- Support account managers and pre-sales resources in defining and executing on sales opportunities
- Construct meaningful collateral for client requests for information (RFI, etc.), proposals (RFP, RFQ, etc.), demonstrations and proof of concept exercises
- Have a good understanding of the F&B and related industry domain (such as CPG, CP&R…)
- Record and distribute results of client meetings and subsequent agreements
- Document and share best practices and customer success stories within the group, Business Unit and across the Siemens Digital Industries Software
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in Canada.
- Excellent verbal group presentation and written communications skills
- Must have at least 5+ years of hands-on experience in MOM or MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems), Scheduling, LIMS, IOT, Manufacturing Intelligence.
- Experience with F&B manufacturing industry domain.
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
- BS/BA in an engineering or manufacturing-related discipline
- Knowledge of Siemens MOM portfolio (Opcenter – previously Simatic IT R&D Suite, Simatic IT UA PI)
- Knowledge of communication protocols, PLC’s, SCADA, HMI’s…
- Customer facing work experience (Pre-sale / Post-sale)
- Knowledge of programming platforms / languages such as C, C++, VB, PL/SQL, Java, Java Script.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.