Responsible for the completion of all project commercial/financial related matters, including but not limited to handling Accounting, Legal, Tax, New Collaboration Model (NCM) and Export Compliance and Control (ECC) topics. CPM ensures the compliance of applicable regulations during the offer and project execution phase. The CPM supports the respective Project Manager in other areas with the objective of executing the project according to the defined PM @ Siemens guidelines/standards, customer requirements and the applicable Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG). A professional collaboration between the CPM and the Project Manager is key for the overall project success.
This position will be part of the finance team for the Analytical Product Segment located in Houston, TX
Manage the project throughout the project Life Cycle
• Drives own empowerment with adequate signature authorization and project target agreement to manage the project as commercial project entrepreneur – primary projects to be worked categorized as C and ‘small’
• Supports the PM in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments)
• Ensures an adequate handover phase, analyzes customers’ requirements, examines their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability, incl. ECC matters
• Drives the review and evaluation of the contract conditions incl. all attachments, ensures examination by Legal
• Supports the PM and ensures correct methodology for identifying, evaluating, assessing risks & opportunities, strategies and response activities
• For cross border projects: synchronizes contract structure with tax and delegation concept; preparation and signature of NCM mandatory documents
Manage Project Finances
• Ensures the accuracy of cost and pricing calculation as well as overall project books and records, incl. recording of such in appropriate systems, e.g. SAP
• Performs applicable requirements for month end activities
• Prepares commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the commercial project data (i.e. FC, cash flow)
• Ensures compliance with Siemens FRG and local GAAP requirements
• Ensures the application and the continuously managing of financial Guarantees, Bonds and project securities
• Supports the PM in identifying, minimizing non-conformance costs and establishing an appropriate reporting structure; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general
• Manage the risks, contract and claims by ensuring compliance with LoA guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process
• Manage the compliance to standards, rules and regulations of (commercial) project members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity (e.g. adherence of tax regulations, delegation of employees, ICFR, Signature rights, segregation of duties, ECC, EHS), OR, Legal and Compliance, HR (incl. Delegation process), ECC, Customs, external auditors, etc.
• Manages the customer's requirements and expectations with the PM.
• Ability to work a large number of midsize projects and prioritize.
• Ability to interpret and execute contract (customer and supplier) terms and conditions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree.
• SAP or Oracle experience and knowledge
• Siemens CPM Certification or PMP Certification is required
• Small or ‘C’ Project management experience a plus
• The candidate should have demonstrated skills to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines is required
• 10% travel
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of assignments.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
• 5-7 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.