Project Engineer – Enforcement Solutions.
Working on enforcement projects such as Congestion Charging, Low Emission Zones for cities, Road Tolling and Intelligent Traffic management Systems (ITS) Siemens are a market leader in this growth sector, with our aim to make for more efficient ‘smart cities’ globally.
Siemens are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join our innovative Intelligent Traffic Solutions department, working on the delivery of enforcement systems (ANPR Camera) and providing support to the product management team. There will be an element of UK and international travel required with this role.
As Project Engineer you will be supporting the deployment of new Traffic Enforcement solutions both in the United Kingdom and Worldwide. The Project Engineer will be part of a team of Traffic Enforcement specialists who deliver and support the deployment of our specialist products and systems, to customers with some degree of customization.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Minimum BSc/BA in related STEM discipline.
- Robust knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office.
- Full UK Driving license.
- Must be able to create, track and follow project planning using structured methods
- Expertise in traffic systems including ANPR technology for use in low emission zones, congestion charging, fixed and average speed systems. Would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems. Desirable but not essential
- SQL Server or MySQL working knowledge - Highly Desirable not essential
- Knowledge of IP communications, routing, switching, VPNs for network design - Highly Desirable not essential
- Linux and Windows environment configuration including virtualization - Desirable not essential.
What are the requirements for this role
- Be a strong technical expert who has the ability to drive innovation, problem solve and communicate effectively with all project stakeholders
- Support the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints
- Responsible for planning and tracking of projects, including the planning of timescales / milestones, forecasting of cost through to project tracking and reporting progress (including recommending mitigating options) to management
- Establish system requirements from appropriate regulations, customer requests, or technology strategies.
- Support the Sales and Tendering by quantifying the quality, time and cost scope of solutions to enquiries
- Be able to identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time