Do you want to be part of an outstanding and extraordinary team?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Technician to carry out maintenance repair and installation of Siemens gas engines. This position will join our established Gas & Power team in Madrid.
Together we make the difference
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 outstanding minds who builds technologies that take society further through electrification, digitalization and automation.
We’re changing the cities you live in, the places you work, the energy that powers your home, and the way the products you love are manufactured.
The Gas & Power business is the trusted partner for the energy, industrial and Oil & Gas sectors. As a center of perfection for customers, it maintains a strong line of R&D in the development of key components (gas turbines, steam, compressors, engines, control systems, electrical systems and IT solutions) with the objective of meeting the needs of the different energy sectors.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
You will responsible for the installation, maintenance and repairing gas engines installed on different locations. These duties may be performed at client´s home or in a place of business.
You usually perform many of the following tasks:
- Install new hardware, software.
- Complete preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance and field modifications on the installed gas engine equipment.
- Interacting with clients to seek their day to day issues and maintaining regular communications with customer and back office to ensure follow up of different topics
- Solving problems, maintaining tools and test equipment ensuring they are accurately calibrated, and ordering required spare parts.
- Teaming up with other specialists, planning Service intervals and leading groups of subcontractors.
- Tracking the data fleet and issue reports, and keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such issuing reports, service logs etc.
- Identifying and participating in sales opportunities.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Technical engineering or Professional Training grade II with minimum two or more years’ experience working on service of gas engines. Having mechanical/Instrumentation & controls skills and used to work on gas engines.
- Having good knowledge about gas engines and experience on solving problems.
- Available for been mobilized at short notice and able to travel frequently, possibility to work in weekends and bank holidays and be part of the 24/7 customer support service.
- Valid driven License.
- Level of English (communication and writing)
- Computer, communications skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances, multi tasks skills
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Align with internal and external regulations.
- High dedication with Health and Safety and quality.
- Being able to work alone or with a team with interpersonal skills and being proactive.
- Having excellent problem-solving abilities, be organized and proactive, having high attention to details and be able to understand client´s needs.
If you like challenges and want to join our team, apply!
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Gas and Power S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time