Siemens are currently looking for a Lead Engineer to join our innovative Intelligent Traffic Solutions department in Poole, responsible for our ANPR Camera solutions.
The focus areas are the outstation components for our Enforcement Systems such as Congestion Charging, Low Emission Zones for cities, Road Tolling and Intelligent Traffic management Systems (ITS) where Siemens are a market leader in the sector, aiming to make for more efficient ‘smart cities’ globally.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for an individual with experience designing or implementing C/C++ software solutions. The successful candidate will have worked on projects through a complete development lifecycle from inception to delivery. Agile experience would be beneficial.
- You will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects and be challenged to make a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the table, facilitating change and helping direct the future of Siemens ITS.
- You will be educated to degree level or be able to show equivalent experience. You will be a self-starter with the ability to look at requirements and translate those into technical roadmaps for our solutions. You will be able to drill down into the technical detail for those roadmaps, and design appropriate solutions to implement them.
- This is a senior R&D position that will directly report to the Head of Solutions (Enforcement). As a senior member of the team the role will remain accountable for providing effective metrics to demonstrate progress of projects and encourage a mindset of on time, quality delivery.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. The ability to design complex systems in a way that also allows people to implement them.
- Experience in the entire project lifecycle, from working with product managers to clarify requirements, to working with the development & test team to create suitable designs, implementing solutions and creating automated tests for them.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet challenging, customer-driven deadlines.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in the software arena. The ability to take ownership and strive to deliver the projects with positive energy and a strong desire to succeed.
- Experience designing or implementing C/C++ software solutions.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time