New Team, new Location, new Domain, real challenges are you ready ?
Since the inception of Electric Design Automation we at Mentor (a Siemens Business) have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
We are now embarking on the creation of a SaaS offering to utilise the scaling opportunity offered by the cloud. This is an outstanding opportunity to research, architect and chip in to a system that will involve all dimensions of The Scale Cube and necessitate the creation of a Cloud based hybrid microservices and HPC architecture.
We would like to talk to people interested in
- Technically bootstrapping a new team in the world of the cloud, microservices and SaaS.
- Solving genuinely difficult technical problems
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Learning more about Cloud based HPC
This will appeal to people who truly are cloud native
- Knows the forces involved in large scale SaaS solutions
- Understands the various microservices architecture styles and patterns – what works when and why
- Gets what it takes to achieve continuous deployment
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for SaaS applications containing customer IP
- Speaks proficient XaaS
- Can use the services of the Siemens Cloud platform
The ideal candidate
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Works both within and across teams
- Brings order from chaos and finds the solution that Occam would
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team rapidly grows
- Has a natural can do attitude and gets stuck in
- Comes from a diverse technology background including some of the following:- Java, Node, Go, K8s, istio, React/Angular, VertX, Spring Boot, C++, Kafka, NoSQL
- Build a clear architecture roadmap for the product and ensure it is understood.
- Champion and support a culture of building secure, performant, large-scale SaaS applications.
- Implement POCs to validate approaches and techniques
- Resolve technology choices required to achieve our goals
- Partner with the wider organisation to understand, socialise and support the technical impact of product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate on and clearly communicate the trade-offs made during the architecture process
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Experience architecting software-as-a-service solutions that are in production
- Experience with hybrid on-premises and software-as-a-service products
- Understanding of Cloud and Application Security.
- Some appreciation for the domain of chip design
- Proven experience in microservices architectures
- Proven experience architecting public, private and hybrid multi cloud solutions across IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud providers
- Understanding of AWS or Azure HPC cloud offerings.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time