Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Order, track, and expedite material and create and validate subcontract purchase orders for Building Automation, Fire and Security using SAP. Aid the engineering group(s) to validate bills of materials and database to help generate quality engineering submittals for the engineering group as part of the Building Technologies Division of Siemens.
- Primary responsibility is as material coordinator for construction project.
- Order, track, and expedite material using SAP.
- Obtain quotes based on plans and specifications provided by the engineering departments.
- Create and validate subcontract purchase orders by using SAP.
- Work with warehouse personnel for picking and packing of material from inventory or job stock.
- Coordinate large purchases with procurement department to optimize quote/pricing/shipping information
- Coordinate pickup or deliveries of material and supplies to the field.
- Contact vendors to obtain updated quote/pricing/shipping/technical information.
- Manage the field material return process (RMA’s), up to and including credit posted to project.
- Creates POs for subcontractors and manages paperwork related to the agreements and certificates of insurance.
- High school diploma/GED Required
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Background or experience working in the construction industry a plus
- Must have great follow up skills and ensure projects and tasks meet deadlines
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- A.S. or Tech degree preferred
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.