Siemens Healthineers is seeking a Contract Lifecycle Management Coordinator for our Tarrytown, NY office. The position is a business support function covering for both strategic and operational contract and documentation life cycle activities, primarily within the Siemens Healthineers Diagnostics. The scope may include the broader oversight within Siemens Healthineers including global supply chain, clinical and medical affairs, regulatory quality, logistics, manufacturing, and research and development functions within the company.
The Contract Coordinator function is responsible for supervision and coordination of contracts and other required document management and reporting activities within specific business lines/areas in a regulatory controlled business. The Contract Coordinator works independently in the business areas and collaboratively with contract lifecycle functions in other Healthineers regional and global functions in concert with Siemens Healthineers and regulatory requirements. The Contract Coordinator will manage the content within the designated Contract Lifecycle Management applications with a focus on continuous improvement, training, support, administration and authorizations as required.
The Contract Coordinator will work both independently and in cross functional groups focused on measurable results on numerous projects and activities. Range of activities includes but is not limited to:
· Reviewing, analyzing, reporting on procurement agreements, confidentiality agreements and other contractual instruments
· Track and report key dates and metrics with various data mining in systems, drives and documents
· Manage hardcopy (if required) and electronic filing processes within defined business area(s)
· Contributing to the development and improvement of the contract lifecycle management process, model document/ clause libraries and the efficiency of the contract management process
· Teaming with commodity and logistics managers, and Siemens attorneys to create innovative approaches to supplier contracting requirements, obligations, risks and exposures
· Interpreting contract requirements, obligations, and risk exposure
· Verifying compliance with relevant corporate limits and delegation of authority protocols and, with assistance from Siemens colleagues, summarizing risks to achieve optimal contract coverage and approvals
· Establishing rules, defining standards, establishing metrics and developing reporting to manage and report key contract date and data driven activities to support strategic and operational goals and objectives.
· Auditing of defined business area(s) to assure compliance and data
· Educating/training business partners on key commercial, governance, contracting process and procedures, and other considerations
· Efficiently implementing various corporate policies, initiatives, and programs
· Cooperating across departments and throughout a large group of affiliated companies to achieve optimal contract management of commercial and procurement terms
Essential Job Functions & Critical Competencies
· Broad knowledge of the various applicable contractual and legal concepts involved in strategic, material and services procurement in a regulated environment
· Participate in regional and global Contracts Governance Council with: tool review, tool improvement, process improvements, best practice sharing, needs evaluations and other relevant topics and activity
· Proven ability to understand company policies and develop process to support effective implementation within business line(s) and area(s) across functional tiers
· Demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively interact with a broad range of professional and clinical disciplines.
· Proven ability to exert leadership without authority
· Experience in assisting colleagues navigate through commercial contracting from the preliminary/conceptual phase, through structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing, and post-closing conflict resolution
· Polished communication and writing/ drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with senior management
· Proven ability to initiate actions and follow-up actions with minimal or no supervision
· Skilled in working collaboratively as a key player on multiple teams simultaneously and coordinating with a broad range of professional activities such as engineering, software development, product development, user interface design, etc.
· Ability to work as a sole practitioner
· Travel 10-15% to various USA Siemens sites with potential for travel outside of the US as needed
- Four (4) to six (6) years of commercial contract managing experience (preference for at least 2 years of commercial procurement transactional experience with sizeable corporation)
- Experience with procurement and contracts in a regulated industry
- Experience managing cross functional partners to achieve compliance and cooperation
- BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant, practical experience
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.