Design Optimization Student Internship
Location: East Lansing, MI
Start Date: Summer 2020
Hours: Full-time during the summer
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student with an interest in design optimization and developing computer algorithms. You will get the opportunity to:
- Work on a set of projects related to the enhancement and application of specialized search techniques to new application areas.
- Work on identified development projects in the field of design space exploration
- Investigate techniques for improved efficiency in search for better solutions
- Create test problems to evaluate effectiveness of new techniques
- Update our database of benchmarking problems
- Assist the development team on implementing projects and to promote quality assurance through testing new functionality
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s degree or PhD in Engineering
- Experience in the field of design optimization, surrogate modeling, uncertainty quantification, sensitivity analysis, or AI techniques
- Experience with programming
- Good teamwork and cooperation skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.