Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens Energy.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Siemens Energy is a world leader in renewable, power transmission and generation, and green technologies markets.
Join Siemens Energy in Ireland as a Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Manager, you’ll have operational responsibility for QEHS Performance of the associated Office and Project Sites throughout Ireland. The role will report directly to the Managing Director of Siemens Energy Ireland, and include dotted line responsibility to the Corporate EHS function
You’ll provide leadership, advice and specialist EHS support to Management, Employees in developing, implementing and maintaining, effective QEHS Management Systems which meet customer, regulatory, Siemens stakeholder (local and global), business needs, driving improvements in QEHS culture and compliance. This role could suit a suitably experienced QEHS professional looking to step into a diverse management role or a seasoned QEHS manager.
Change the future with us.
- Work with associated Siemens business to keep Siemens Energy Ltd, QEHS Management Policies under review, make improvement recommendations and implement revisions when appropriate.
- Interpret relevant legislation and recommend any necessary actions to ensure that Company's activities are compliant.
- To give guidance to the Company's personnel in the application of a suitable QEHS Management System, including procedures, information, records etc.
- Execute corporate standards for QEHS Management from the point of sales through to product handover.
- Support in the development and implementation of risk measures to proactively mitigate and effectively control operational EHS Risk in Projects and Office Locations, including emergency arrangements to meet legislative and customer requirements. Drive effective governance of EHS aspects across the supply chain including Contractor Management.
- Undertake audit of the Operation Sites ensuring governance is maintained, setting and monitoring improvement objectives and targets. Report as necessary.
- Ensure that managers conduct hazard identification, risk assessment and the development and implementation of control measures as required.
- Produce reports to Management Team as required to drive improvements in QEHS culture and compliance, proportional to the level of risk.
- Management of Occupational Health & Wellbeing.
- Support and embed Zero Harm Culture within Siemens Energy Ltd.
- Ensure statutory recording and reporting of accidents and/or dangerous occurrences, ensuring or assisting Line Managers to fully investigate such accidents/dangerous occurrences. Compiling and communicating period accident statistics.
- Make sure appropriate training and development is undertaken for all Siemens Energy Ltd employees to conform with Company and legal standards.
- Ensuring the delivery of the Health and Safety Induction Programme. Ensuring governance of servicing and maintenance of equipment critical for health and safety, such as, statutory inspections, e.g. lifts, hoists, lifting tackle, pressure systems, local exhaust ventilation etc. are conducted within Site Operations.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Chartered IOSH status preferable).
- Understanding of Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Experience in PSDP/PSCS of large construction projects.
- Experience in power transmission, generation or renewables a plus.
- Leadership, Business Management Skills & Safety Leadership Role Modelling.
- Understanding of local HSE legislative framework.
- Working knowledge of Construction Design Management.
- Preferably Educated to degree level or equivalent in engineering, construction or technical discipline.
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralised flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Closing date for applications: 14th July 2020
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either