Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position provides expertise on automation, security, or fire products and systems and third-party systems to zone staff. The right candidate will deliver training and technical support for field technicians and specialists and provide advanced technical assistance for sales activities.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems on jobs and provide appropriate reports to management.
- Troubleshoot network, software, and hosted-system malfunctions.
- Leverage remote connectivity to expedite problem solving with technicians and customers.
- Create training content.
- Work with the engineering team to implement strategies to reduce installation costs.
- Collaborate with other Zone Technology Experts to develop and share technical solutions.
- Stay current with building technology product documentation and communicate updates to Field Technicians and Specialists.
- Maintain technical expertise on all products, tools, and gateways through continuing education initiatives.
- Coach Field Technicians on company systems and service offerings.
- Provide technical sales assistance and support on latest company products.
- Perform product demonstrations and communicate design strategies to Sales Executives.
- Participate in advisory team meetings for new product releases, project slates, and technical training development.
- Provide a monthly report to management of all activities performed (sales support, technical and application support, training, mentoring, etc.).
- Mentor less experienced Zone Technical Experts and lead complex issues to resolution.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in installing or servicing electronic control systems; 5+ years preferred
- Microsoft, Cisco, EIT, ASHRE, NICET, or CISSP certifications are a plus
- Understanding of the design of large, standard jobs and the role that the tools, products, and practices play in that design
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and engineering software applications
- Proficient in Bluebeam Revu 2017 or Adobe Pro preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.