From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
Fantastic opportunity has arisen to fill the position of Head of Engineering to join the Siemens Mobility team in Perth. Reporting to the CEO of the company, this role has its main mission of providing leadership and strategic direction with regards to engineering management and will lead the internal team preparing specifications, reports and approval of engineering changes to ensure compliance with all contractual and statutory stakeholders.
- Heads functional organization assigned, and leads, motivates and develops all related management, professional and operational staff.
- Defines function related strategies, policies and guidelines for the Engineering organization.
- Executes governance within the Engineering organization.
- Acts as ultimate point of escalation for decisions in the Engineering organization for strategically relevant or critical cases.
- supports Bid Management defining the product which ideally fits tender requirements, and prices EN efforts competitively and accurately
- signs off LoAs and EN statements
- supports Product Management to consolidate individual project requirements to product requirements and develop the according product
- drives the EN organisation to identify and implement technologies, tools and methods to improve products and reduce development effort
- creates ownership in the whole EN organisation, EN management owning their products and processes and engineers owning their designs
- achieves complete transparency about workload and capacity, chances and risks, to consequently react with optimization measures
Required Skills & Experience
· Tertiary qualification in Engineering suitable for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia, an appropriate technical qualification with proven industry capability skills
· Minimum 10 years practical experience in engineering, thereof 5 years in railway environment
· Ability to build rapport and develop positive working relationships with management and staff at all levels
· Ability to establish and sustain working/client relationships
· Ability to follow EHS & Quality procedures in the rail industry
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills
· Proven experience in management and leadership of teams
· Ability to lead the application of new technologies and systems
· Ability to read and interpret technical diagrams, specifications and plans
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time