At Mentor, a Siemens Business, the quality of our software is a top priority. We are looking for a talented software tester to join our technical team at the Saskatoon research & development site.
At the Mentor Saskatoon site, we develop disruptively differentiated semiconductor chip design CAD software. Our products are used by most of the world’s top 40 semiconductor companies to design the next generation of chips. We differentiate from other products in our space through machine learning technology and creative algorithms, delivering huge accuracy, coverage, and speed advantages, and we do our product research in-house. We are a division of Siemens, which is one of the largest companies in the world.
This position is located in brand-new and state-of-the-art offices at Innovation Place in Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
- Work closely with our product team to identify testing priorities, create test plans for new features, develop automated tests, and evolve our culture of quality
- Execute and improve our existing test plan in order to minimize the number of bugs that get released with the product
- Diligently ensure that all answers produced by the software are correct
- Able to develop automated test cases
- Knowledge of software testing methods
- Demonstrated expertise in some or all of the following: Linux, Shell (bash, csh), testing, source control (Git), Jira, Jenkins, Python
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) demonstrated through written test plans, bug reproduction steps, Jira issue comments, and communicating with team members
- A team player; an ability to provide and to receive constructive feedback
- Customer-focused; ability to prioritize tasks based on customer experience and ROI
- Willingness to learn and interested in new challenges
- Nice-to-have expertise: Statistics (Monte Carlo analysis), source code inspection (Python, C/C++), EDA CAD tools, and release management
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Canada) ULC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.