Siemens Healthineers is seeking a Human Factors Engineering (HFE) / User Experience (UX) Design Manager who is passionate about healthcare. As a manager in the Siemens Ultrasound business unit, you will provide leadership, supervision and professional development of the HFE and UX Design teams. You will apply strong user experience and workflow development skills as well as visual and interaction design skills to shape product designs and future strategy. You will be responsible for creating an integrated and productive design team across multiple products and international sites.
The HFE/UX design team works closely with product managers, software engineers, systems engineers, clinical users, and user researchers at Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound. This team is responsible for developing user workflows, user interface requirements and designs, usability testing and generating FDA approval of usability documentation for general imaging and cardiac ultrasound systems. The HFE/UX Design Manager’s principal role is to advocate for the end user of the products. This involves applying the fundamentals user-centered design, human-machine interaction, and usability evaluation and utilizing the knowledge to create requirements and designs in a fast-moving, product development environment . You will report to Sr Manager of HFE in Issaquah, WA.
- Lead a team of human factors engineers and user experience designers responsible for developing and documenting user workflows, human-machine interactions, interaction designs and requirements, style guides, user interface prototypes and designs, including screen layout and navigation for a harmonized family of products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the globally distributed product management, software engineering, user design, clinical, and human factors engineering teams to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a growing team of human factors and user experience designers by setting clear goals, managing workloads and ensure team overall satisfaction.
- Design workflows and UIs for ultrasound products by solving complex challenges in simple, elegant ways.
- Lead the design planning and processes that enable then team to create and implement great designs. Guide the development of best practices to ensure high quality.
- Ensure deadlines are met and set up your team members for overall success.
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in: Human Factors, Industrial Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interface, or related discipline.
- 8+ years of industry experience designing and product user interfaces, including visual design and interaction design.
- 5+ years of experience designing user interfaces for medical products and IEC62366 working as part of cross-functional product development teams.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating effective user-centered design solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture.
- Experience in leading a team working on consistent and forward-looking user interfaces for a family of products.
- Experience working in Agile approach and using tools such as TFS and Confluence.
- Experience working cross-functionally and across international sites
- Experience using graphic design tools for prototyping and modeling, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Blend, XAML, Figma, etc.
- Experience designing for various groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Ability to fluently express ideas using sketches, simulations, etc.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.