This position requires knowledge and ability to plan and schedule maintenance activities. Understanding of CMMS Systems is necessary. Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordination of all preventative maintenance work performed at the Mishawaka site with the objective of optimizing total maintenance costs and maximizing maintenance work force productivity. Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform work with a constant awareness of improving the process.
• Evaluates all emergency and non-emergency work requests, develops scope of work, and inspects job location to determine job requirements.
• Manage, direct, and facilitate maintenance activities such as inspections, production calibrations, equipment preventative maintenance, and project workload with skill trades.
• Plan all activities associated with planned plant shutdown/outages under the direction of Maintenance Manager to provide for maximum use of available resources.
• Recommend the need for and aid in securing outside resources on an as needed basis.
• Estimates labor hours, skill sets, parts, materials, equipment, and special tools to complete proactive jobs in a safe and efficient manner.
• Gathers relevant technical documentation such as drawings, schematics, specifications, spare parts list from equipment histories, OEM manuals, subject matter experts (SME). Verifies the availability of parts prior to scheduling the job. Arrange for special tools and auxiliary equipment when required.
• Maintains, organizes, and prioritizes work order backlog to determine the next highest priority job to be planned.
• Creates weekly schedules that includes the priority planned jobs for preventative maintenance tasks that utilize 100% of the available skill trade labor hours.
• Maintains records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance related matters.
• Employs continuous improvement methods to update job plans for accuracy and effectiveness
• Improves work order planning and scheduling effectiveness through the review process and use of the maintenance metrics.
• Follows all Quality procedures and documentation rules related to missed or past due preventative maintenance.
• Trains site employees on CMMS and ensures that it is working with integrity and is being utilized.
• Complete any and all takes assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Associate Degree required in a technical field with 1-3 years of maintenance scheduling / planning experience and/or 5-10 years as a machine repair technician, or equivalent combination of both
• Familiar with manufacturing environment
• Electrical/Mechanical aptitude
• Proficiency with computers, maintenance systems, and application including Microsoft Office
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Project Management experience.
• Continuous Improvement methods such as Structured Problem Solving and Visual management.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.