Research Engineer - Data Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (Machine Vision)
With over 1900 researchers, Corporate Technology (CT) occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations.
Our Research Group (Advanced Data Management) is part of Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) Technology Field of CT Research. Headquartered in Munich, we are a hardworking distributed team of around 240 researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe. In the team in Bangalore where we are based out of, we strive to seek complex problems in various domains ranging from mobility, industry, energy, and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. We are looking for equally hardworking techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding innovative solutions to some non-trivial industrial problems.
Change the Future with us
• You will analyze large, complex data sets by developing advanced machine learning and deep learning pipelines based on business initiatives.
• Your ability to move beyond theoretical models and build innovative, practical and robust real-world solutions for problems in traffic management, autonomous building control for energy and comfort optimization, medical image analysis for assisting pathologists/radiologists, smart robotics for Industry 4.0 will make valuable contribution.
• You will find it exciting to dive deep into an ocean of data and seek challenges associated with transforming and enriching large complex datasets.
• You will drive innovation and research in the form of patents and publishing papers at outstanding conferences/journals?
What you need to make real what matters
• You have PhD/Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a reputed institute with grass-root experience of at least 2 years in solving complex problems.
• Closely follow the latest developments in artificial intelligence and be an early adopter of disruptive trends/technologies
• Collaborate with team members from prototyping through production, present developed solutions and recommendations to business partners, and influence future product roadmap and strategy based on insights
• Research, develop and prototype software technologies related to Object detection, tracking, 3D reconstruction, SLAM and photometric stereo
• Experience in Machine Learning techniques such as Forecasting, Classification, Clustering, Text Mining, Decision Trees, Random Forest and Search algorithms
• Understanding and tried hands-on experience in training deep convolutional and/or recurrent networks using frameworks like Tensorflow, Caffe, MXNet, etc.
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working on image processing and computer vision problems with a clear understanding and ability to implement algorithms (especially deep learning algorithms)
• Hands-on experience using OpenCV and OpenGL
• Optimization techniques for model training and deployment on GPUs
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India at www.ct.siemens.com and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time