From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
Based in our Brisbaneoffice, the
successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within Mobility of the
Siemens business that has immense market potential.
The Signalling Tester in Charge plans, coordinates and supervises all Site Test and Commissioning activities during the Commissioning and Testing phases. The Tester in Charge ensures that Test and Commissioning activities are executed within the requested time, cost, quality and without disruption.
· Plan, monitor, and direct all office and trackside signalling testing activities against project program and key deliverable milestones.
· Assess and record competence of each tester against all allocated tasks.
· Produce, approve, and audit Testing & Commissioning Plans and Testing Records.
· Manage a suitable Test Log/error reporting system.
· Complete/manage process for disconnection of existing signalling systems.
· Review of the Test and Commissioning strategy and preparation of Test and Commission planning (in consultation with the project manager and Head of T&C).
· Risk analysis for Testing and Commissioning, and definition of appropriate measures.
· Preparation of modification, commissioning and acceptance concepts.
· Coordination of Test and Commissioning activities on and off site; The Tester in Charge role will be managing the Projects within Queensland and possible support for other Projects in AU.
· Mentoring of Test and Commissioning staff.
· Ideally an engineering degree -electrical- or similar.
· Ideally RPEQ, IRSE Licensed as Tester in Charge 1.3.190 or QLD Statement of Competency.
· At least 5 years in the area of Rail Systems Integration, Testing and Commissioning; ideally as Tester in Charge.
· Extensive experience in rail systems Test & Commissioning.
· Railway systems, railway operations and commissioning rules and standards.
· Work Experience on European Train Control Systems (ETCS) is preferable.
· Rails systems onsite test and commissioning techniques and practices.
· Experience with relevant engineering processes and standards.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time