Our Commissioning Technician will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation diesel locomotives or coaches. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over the United States and we are working together with the customer on site to achieve the main goals for the warranty period. You will be mainly responsible for commissioning and troubleshooting, repairing and improving our vehicles to achieve a high customer satisfaction and reliability.
You will work for 12 month hands-on in e.g. Chicago on our Locomotives and Coaches and transition over to New Orleans. Potential Carrier Path: Site lead position.
- Commissioning and Warranty of locomotives and/or coaches.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of failures on locomotives or coaches.
- Perform with the use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components.
- Use laptops with subsystem software to troubleshoot various systems onboard the locomotives.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in locomotive or coach control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information to identify the Root cause of a failures and compile reports for your site lead and warranty manager.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Implementation of Field Modifications (FMI’s) to improve the quality of our product.
- Document failures, part exchanges, implementation of FMI’s and your performed work in our Commissioning and Warranty data base.
- Communicate in a team, to the site lead and colleagues, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements and other work-related information.
- Receive and send out failed parts for repair. RMA.
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Working full hands-on.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Minimum 5 years experiences in relevant field
- Must be proficient in reading and working with electrical, pneumatic, mechanical circuit diagrams to troubleshooting failures in the affected system
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technical Diploma
- Field Service or Operations experience preferably in the railroad industry
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.