Siemens Grand Prairie is looking for a full-time Automation Engineer to be an integral part of our journey towards assembly automation and help us achieve our digital factory vision. The candidate must function as a strong technologist, work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment, and drive engineering solutions from concept to operations. This engineering position will be focused on both development of new assembly automation platforms and the direct line support of current process automation.
An ideal candidate would be a self-motivated individual who possesses high initiative, excellent problem solving skills, a passion for assembly automation and manufacturing technology advancement, and proficiency in robot programming.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
What you will be doing:
- Identify design and potential applications for automation and robotics for use in manufacturing & production environments
- Oversee and manage the development of technology from prototype stage to production readiness
- Lead projects associated with automation, sourcing, including contractor/integrator management, programming, commissioning, debugging, and validation
- Provide line support to current automation equipment for process and technology improvements
- Assist in identification, installation and commissioning of the needed capital assets to support production requirements
- Provide technical training of equipment to operators and maintenance
- Manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently and be flexible to shift priorities
What you need:
1. Bachelors in any Engineering or Automation/Robotics discipline.
2. 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment working with automation & robotics and all associated equipment (vision systems, force gauges, end of arm tooling options, etc.).
3. Significant experience with the development, deployment, and support of robust manufacturing equipment in an active production environment.
4. Experience with mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and PLC support & programming.
5. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
6. Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
Not required but sets you apart from others:
1. Experience in an engineered to order, high volume high mix manufacturing environment.
2. Experience in power distribution industry.
3. Experience in robotic assembly processes.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.