Siemens Grand Prairie is looking for a full-time wire Harness Engineer for conversion of ad hoc electrical designs to a structured approach for wire harnessing. This role will have high visibility and a major impact on the future of manufacturing in our business. An ideal candidate would not only be a proficient ECAD user, but also have mechanical aptitude to guide automation of physical manufacturing processes. S/he will work in cross-functional teams across various levels within the organization, and hence needs to have excellent communication skills.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
- Take systems or subsystems from concept, to prototypes through design, test, and launch whilst working with cross-functional teams to get there
- Develop and maintain cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs
- Analyze results and perform design reviews
- Provide engineering design disposition on discrepancies (production action requests, shop revision requests, etc.)
- Document processes, specifications, and procedures that support the design and manufacturing of electrical commodities
- Analyze functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design
- Create, support and realize benchmark activities linked to electrical and wire harness designs
- Participate in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection
Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Bachelor’s in electrical engineering or Mechanical Engineering (or demonstrated experience in a related field).
2. 3-5 years of experience creating system level wiring diagrams, schematics, harness location drawings, and wire bundle build-to-packages based on system level requirements.
3. Experience in computer aided design and ability to produce 2D drawings, schematics and wire lists.
4. Experience with 3D modeling software(s).
5. Ability to successfully work autonomously and collaborate with team members.
6. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
7. Excellent project management skills.
8. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
9. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Experience in an engineered to order, high volume high mix manufacturing environment.
2. Experience in power distribution industry.
3. Ability to use Zuken E3.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
• Extensive training along with career development.
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Competitive total rewards package.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.