At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Informatics Engineer Service Consultant –APAC Region.
This position will provide coverage in the APAC region. Position will reside in surrounding area preferably in Australia or the possibility of an alternative work schedule if new hire is not located in Australia region. The alternate work schedule involves working hours that align with the normal daytime hours in the Australia region
The Headquarter Support Center (HSC) Informatics engineer provides expert level service and support to the Regional Units primarily for problem management and for more complex incident management of issues escalated by the Regional Support Centers (RSC).
- This role requires keen troubleshooting, problem management and written skills to address and document technical issues that impact the Siemens laboratory informatics portfolio. HSC is required to work collaboratively with cross functional partners to achieve a final solution and eliminate root cause.
- HSC is required to understand all aspects of Siemens Healthcare Informatics products to ensure troubleshooting and issue identification in the form of non-conformance are escalated and processed correctly via the Siemens quality complaint handling process.
- The Global Informatics support engineer may respond to the most difficult problems either on site or through remote interaction.
- The Global Informatics support engineer is also the primary liaison between the Regional Support Center (RSC) or Designated Complaint Unit (DCU), for problem clarification with Research and Development (R&D) and/or Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) vendors for complaint investigation or confirmation processes.
- This position is in-house under Siemens Healthcare service organization for Laboratory Diagnostics and reports directly to the manager of HSC Informatics for Siemens DX. Requires passport or visa for international travel as needed.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Informatics Engineer Service Consultant, you will be responsible for the following daily or monthly activities:
- Updating / managing complaints to determine if they are non-conformance or enhancement to ensure the proper process is used for solution generation.
- Creating and presenting data or information in a way that can drive a business decision to enhance or resolve a product problem identified through the complaint process.
- Preparing technical calls and hosting global conference calls, which can include presenting information to technical experts either in person or via remote conferencing.
- Creating / reviewing Product Support Troubleshooting Documentation (internal and external).
- Troubleshooting technical issues including connection, routing, database and data communication issues.
- Using proactive tools or data sets to target accounts for remedial action and work cross functionally to formulate an action plan that is implemented by the local support organizations.
- Working directly with in-house and OEM R&D to ensure the solution will meet the service and/or end user’s needs.
- Designing and delivering advanced training workshops for support engineers local or remote.
- Participating in Service Element Teams to provide technical feedback
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 4 year degree in Computer Technology or related fields or equivalent experience. Preference will be given to candidates with BS degree in Computer Technology (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with computer concentration).
- Experience with IT systems support, including clients and servers.
- Experience with customer support ticketing systems.
- Advanced Technical Troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills along with the ability to present to different technical groups and management via written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated welcoming instincts, a personable and social approach and the ability to effectively handle team issues.
- Proficient in Office applications (Word Processing, Presentation and Spreadsheet).
- Proven success working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, while readily adapting/responding to changes in the environment and priorities.
- Ability to troubleshoot Computer and Server Hardware Issues, without physical access to those systems.
- Ability to decipher and analyze various Software, Database and System log files.
- Ability to Work with different types of database software.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows and the ability to troubleshoot network issues.
- Ability to Troubleshoot Linux and Microsoft Windows Client/Server software issues.
- Experience with clinical informatics systems.
- Demonstrated familiarity with and/or interest in using technology and ongoing interest in furthering personal professional development.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Familiarity with laboratory instrument interfacing and having worked with a clinical laboratory.
- Proven support experience with Virtualization.
- Experience working with SQL databases and scripting.
- Midlevel Programming in an object based language.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.