Wind Service Technician, Panhandle 1 Wind Farm, Panhandle, TX
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Wind Technician for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy! Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents. SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for a Wind Technician position.
The Wind Service Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise. Perform first class work on preventive maintenances to be completed on time and right the first time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
- Provide excellent service to our customers
- Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices Actively work on wind power projects
- Flexible travel schedule up to 100% travel
- Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records
- Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call
- Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions
Required skills, experience, and education:
- Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site
- Must have minimum of 6 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field. Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts
- Willing to travel up to 100%
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations.
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.