Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications and digital offerings that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 800 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
The Product Health Team (PHT) Lead is part of the global Point of Care (POC) Sustaining Engineering (SEN) team responsible for coordinating support activities for in vitro diagnostics (IVD) instruments, consumables, and accompanying eco-system products. The SEN team works closely with Service, Manufacturing, and Quality to drive corrective actions in response to field issues; coordinate platform enhancements; resolve manufacturing obsolescence or quality issues; implement cost reduction programs; and respond to new regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will possess a strong track record of leading cross-functional technical teams involved in troubleshooting complex systems and delivering effective solutions. The candidate will be responsible for leading the handheld blood gas product health team with global team members. In this role, the candidate will regularly present project status to the POC Executive Leadership Team. A strong background in product development, sustaining engineering or manufacturing engineering would provide a good foundation for this high visibility position.
• Lead global cross-functional (mechanical, electrical, software, systems, chemistry) commercial product support teams responsible for coordinating platform enhancements, implementing cost reduction programs, driving corrective actions in response to field issues, responding to new regulatory requirements and addressing obsolescence issues
• Manage and execute high complexity projects or tasks
• Perform technical risk analysis to identify technical and business project risks
• Coordinate the development and execution of moderately complex characterization studies to mitigate risks
• Oversee the creation and execution of verification and validation plans
• Analyze data and write clear, data-driven technical summaries and reports
• Clearly and concisely communicate project status throughout the organization
• Participate on product development teams to ensure a smooth transition to commercial support
• Perform the Product Owner role on product scrum teams
• Promote transparent communication across the organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS/MS in Engineering or Science with a minimum of 10+ years’ work experience in a combination of technical product development, sustenance or manufacturing roles
• 5+ years’ work experience in the medical device industry or other regulated industry preferred
• Strong Project Management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Operate flexibly in an environment with competing priorities
• Exhibit a bias toward action, balanced by strong analytical decision-making skills
• Able to lead and influence development or problem-solving teams
• Knowledge of agile, lean and/or six sigma processes preferred
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.