Together we make the difference.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 outstanding minds who builds technologies that take society further through electrification, digitalization and automation. We’re changing the cities you live in, the places you work, the energy that powers your home, and the way the products you love are manufactured.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources.
This is a product management role responsible for low voltage power circuit breakers (ANSI / UL489) within Siemens Smart Infrastructure operating company, Low Voltage Products business unit. This role will be responsible for ANSI / UL489 power circuit breaker portfolio management and will include focuses on portfolio strategy, product roadmaps, new product introductions, pricing and overall product lifecycle management. This is an excellent role for an experienced product management professional in the electrical industry, or for an individual with an engineering, business marketing or sales background that has a strong aptitude and desire for product portfolio management responsibilities. The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, possess strong communication and teamwork skills, and have experience in the electrical industry.
What you will do:
The overall responsibility of this position is to manage Siemens power circuit breaker product portfolio for the NAFTA market. As stated above, this position will have heavy focuses on portfolio strategy, product roadmap development /management, project management, launching new products, pricing strategy and general product lifecycle management from inception to obsolescence. The specific product line in scope for this position is Siemens WL power circuit breakers. This is a globally cross-functional role that will involve regular coordination with many departments including but not limited to R&D, application engineering, marketing, sales, logistics, pricing, finance, and data management. Estimated travel in this role is approximately 20%.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What we need from you:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Management or Business Marketing
2. 8+ years of experience in professional work environment.
3. 5+ years of product management, marketing, sales, logistics or R&D experience preferably with electrical or electromechanical products.
4. Proven experience in product lifecycle management (PLM) or general project management.
5. Strong technical aptitude - ability to interpret and author technical product specifications.
6. Excellent communication skills - verbal / non-verbal and technical / non-technical.
7. Strong data analysis, problem solving, report writing, and presentation skills.
8. Ability to multitask and manage product management activities per a schedule.
9. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (~20%).
What will set you apart from the others:
1. Knowledge and experience with circuit protection products, specifically circuit breakers and electronic trip units.
2. Intermediate level of skill and capability with SAP and Web Focus (formerly Business Objects).
3. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Management with an electrical or mechanical focus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.