We are building the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality?Overview:
The Commercial Project Manager is responsible for the completion of all project commercial/financial related matters, including but not limited to handling Accounting, Legal, Tax, New Collaboration Model (NCM) and Export Compliance and Control (ECC) topics. CPM ensures the compliance of applicable regulations during the offer and project execution phase. The CPM supports the respective Project Manager in other areas with the objective of executing the project in accordance with defined PM @ Siemens guidelines/standards, customer requirements and the applicable Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG). A professional collaboration between the CPM and the Project Manager is key for the overall project success.Main Responsibilities:
Manage the project throughout the project Life Cycle
- Drives own empowerment with adequate signature authorization and project target agreement to manage the project as commercial project entrepreneur – primary projects to be worked categorized as C and ‘small’
- Supports the PM in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments)
- Ensures an adequate handover phase, analyzes customers’ requirements, examines their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability, incl. ECC matters
- Drives the review and evaluation of the contract conditions incl. all attachments, ensures examination by Legal
- Ensures accurate methodology for identifying, evaluating, assessing risks & opportunities, strategies and response activities
Handle Project Finances
- Ensures the accuracy of cost and pricing calculation as well as overall project books and records, incl. recording of such in appropriate systems, e.g. SAP
- Performs applicable requirements for month end activities
- Prepares commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the commercial project data (i.e. FC, cash flow)
- Ensures compliance with Siemens FRG and local GAAP requirements
- Ensures the application and the continuously managing of financial Guarantees, Bonds and project securities
- Identifies, minimizes non-conformance costs, and establishes an appropriate reporting structure; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general
- Handles the risks, contract, and claims by ensuring compliance with LoA guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process
- Directs the compliance to standards, rules and regulations of (commercial) project members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity (e.g. adherence of tax regulations, Signature rights, segregation of duties, ECC, EHS), OR, Legal and Compliance, HR (incl. Delegation process), ECC, Customs, external auditors, etc.
- Leads the customer's requirements and expectations with the PM.
- Flexibility to work a large number of midsize projects and prioritize.
- Ability to interpret and execute contract (customer and supplier) terms and conditions.
- BS/BA or advanced degree (Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management)
- SAP experience and knowledge
- The candidate should have demonstrated skills to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure to meet time constraints is required
- 5-7 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- 10% travel
- Siemens CPM Certification or PMP Certification is a plus
- Small or ‘C’ Project management experience a plus
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of assignments.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.